Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Film scratching

I split my film strip into 4 parts lengthways with the intention to create a scratch film if i manage to find a film reel....
At the moment I am just at the experimental stages but I am enjoying the film scratching and I am keeping each different pattern in similar sized grids...I still need to head down to the film archive to see if they can help me out with this...
I have started my series with different shapes and patterns and eventually a character emerges from the chaos of shape...and colour possibly (I am still thinking of trying chemicals and different dyes to get a good range of colour) he will then start to creep around the other series of photographs I have which are mainly of landscapes...
We shall see ....



Film scratching with the compass






My set up


No comments:

Post a Comment