Monday, September 27, 2010

Narrative?












I was thinking of doing a sort of short film clip narrative starting with scratch film ...

Beginning with abstract patterns scratched into my over exposed film. The patterns would merge off each other and then would end with a little old man emerging from a scratched ball and walk through the scene pictures that I had taken that came out ok, these ones are all of settings in town so I am looking for a way to have the little old man walking through these scenes....maybe projecting somehow? Not sure yet...I need to find this out...
I think it would be quite cool mixing the old with the new in terms of remediating...

I also found this website
With some of Len Lyes earlier films from the 1930s
and I just found out he is a New Zealand artist :D awesome!
watch the vids they are very cool!
I'm thinking of also experimenting with dyes and cellophane to incorporate a little colour...

No comments:

Post a Comment