Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ideas for project two...

Project 2
So I was trying to get down to a few ideas for this project...

from the lectures the two photographers I liked most were:

Gregory Crewdson especially for this photograph... it has a creepy/alien type feel to it...conveyed by the light beam in such a suburbian area.


I also Loved the series 'Understanding Joshua' by Charlie white especially for this picture...as it is so cleverly staged as a typical party scene except for this alien like creature who does not quite blend in. I also like the colour in this image...it has studio lighting qualities.


On facebook I actually thought of my concept through this video clip from youtube 'Marshmallow Murder'



Which I just found hilarious...I think I want to take a comical approach to this project by 'giving food a face' and feelings...shooting pictures of food and then merging in different expressions. I feel if our food had a face/personality/feelings we would feel differently about eating it...


There is heaps of food advertising around which gives personalities to our food...
The Extra gum ad...

I was also trying to think of the yoghurt ad that shows the yoghurt leaping up with little arms and legs wanting to be eaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment