Thursday, August 19, 2010

Project 2 proposal

With this project I am going to explore what we eat...
My initial idea includes showing the perspective of food as the victim who has feelings and emotions and started to consider a murder scene at the dinner table. Making the human look like some sort of giant monster.
Another idea I may choose to explore is how we refer to the human body as 'pear shaped' or 'bean pole'. A narrative I could work with is the idea of a pear getting slimmer and slimmer with every bite. Focusing on the pear having body issues and the idea of diet but also having the pear as a reflection of the human and healthy eating and its benefits.
My most recent thought is called 'pet food' where I am thinking of exploring the idea 'what if we started to eat our pets?...I was thinking about fish being fed in a fish bowl, with the next snap being of a fish ina pan, then being eaten and finally finishing with more fish in the fish bowl. Although this probably means killing a fish eeeek...I dont know how I feel about that?
In terms of lighting I will either work in studio type lighting bringing out bright and vibrant colours where necessary and focusing on how lighting can portray a feeling.
The food photographers that I will be using include Michael Ray and Lou Mana for their abilities to capture the different characteristics of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment